Thursday, February 12, 2009

Employee Pricing Plus Plus

Dodge has announced their latest sale price: Employee Pricing, Plus, Plus. They go on to explain that this means you get the employee price plus some discount plus some other discount. This might make sense to the average human. To this geek the deal doesn't sound that impressive. Allow me to explain why, perhaps too thoroughly.

When programming if you want to increment a number by one you use the increment operator: ++. Which is pronounced 'plus plus'. So, while Dodge wants you to think 'wow, I get employee pricing plus two more great discounts!' I thought, 'So I get to pay more than the employee price? I'm not sure why you would want to advertise that.'

I may just be a bigger geek than initially believed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home