Monday, February 02, 2009

More Than Just Asparagus

Bill and I spent Saturday afternoon looking at places for him to potentially buy. After a long hard day of house hunting we decided to grab some tea and something light to eat. We ended up being so hungry that we forgot we were going to dinner with a bunch of friends (hence the light food) and ended up ordering heavy dinners. Whoops.

After our 'light' meal we went back to his place before heading to the specially selected for yours truly, Vegan Thai place for second dinner. I decided to order something light to save for lunch on Sunday. While we waited for dinner we joked around and teased each other (for some reason we both felt really isolated at dinner, and I'm not sure why). He was teasing me, so in self-defense I tickled him. "No tickling!!" he laughed as he squirmed away, then grabbed my wrists. We rough housed just a little bit more before he asked, "Wait, we're just platonic, right?"

"What?!" I asked, surprised, "What a stupid question! Of course we're just platonic. What?" Then turned back to the conversation we had been ignoring. That little question nagging in the back of my head.

When my meal arrived it looked so delicious that Bill couldn't resist himself. He reached over with his fork and speared some of my dinner/lunch and declared, "I'm going to eat some of this." "I see," I said, picking up some veggies with mine. We slid the plate between us and each at picked at dinner. Actually, we devoured it. Near the end there were some asparagus spears left on the plate, I cut one in half with my fork as I chatted with him. Then got distracted by someone else before eating it. When I turned back to the plate Bill had taken the crown of the asparagus! I teased him about eating the good half and leaving the boring half for me. Honestly, had it been in a movie it would have been sweet and tender and cute and romantic. Since it was just another day in the life of Granola A. Girl, well, let's just say it was all of those things, but simultaneously none of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home