Sunday, March 22, 2009

More on Kayaking

"How's it going?" the instructor asked as she walked across the pool towards me. I pulled a face in response. "Oh, that's a face!" she exclaimed.

"Yeah," I replied, "that's the face of someone who is used to being good at everything she does, but sucks at this whole 'roll' thing."

"That's good!" she said with a smile, "it's called 'humility.'"

We worked on my roll for the next while. By the end of the evening I still hadn't gotten it. What I did get, however, was good advice on things I can do at the gym to build up the muscles that are being used for it.

I also got a number of new bruises.

And a new potential friend. She's really funny.

Oh, and, how could I possibly forget: a whole mess of sore, sore muscles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home