Monday, April 19, 2010

I Was Right

8 pm. Sunday night. I called Mumsy (as I do pretty much every Sunday).

"Where have you been all day?" she demanded.

"Why do you assume I've been somewhere?"

"Riding your bike."

"Why do you assume I've been out?" I tried to dodge the question.

"You have been, haven't you."

"Yup."

"Ok. Well, I'm on the other line to your brother, so I have to go. I'll call you back later."

We signed off. But, because I was driving, I didn't hang up the phone and let her disconnect the line. Before she did I heard her say to my brother, "I was right..."

Later, when we were chatting, Mumsy said that she had told my brother when I called that I had probably been out riding my bike all day. He thought this was funny, since I refused to learn to ride as a kid, and now, I'm a huge cycling nut.

Yes, Seattle has changed me. But, for the better, mostly, I hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home