Thursday, April 01, 2010

Trying So Hard

It's Bill's birthday this month and our friends and I are plotting an awesome activity. We've kind of settled on Whirlyball which, frankly, sounds awesome!

I decided that, though she hasn't met any of them, it would be a good idea (and gesture) to invite (Bill's) Chick. Last night we were all sitting in the living room when Bill took a call and left the room. She and I sat in silence watching the movie, then I realized my opportunity had presented itself. "Hey, Chick?" I started, "A group of us are planning on taking Bill to play whirlyball for his birthday next Saturday, wanna come?"

Understandably, she asked, "What the hell is whirlyball?" After my brief description she replied in disgust, "That sounds like a terrible idea!!"

"No, see, it's on an enclosed track..."

"Have you seen the way people in Seattle drive?" again, with the horror and disgust.

Irritated with her juvenile reaction I decided to skip the convincing and went straight for, "Yup. So, we're talking about next Saturday. We haven't finalized the time, yet, but I can let you know when we do, and you can come if you want."

Some discussion on her work schedule ensued. She gave me her phone number, and incentive to make sure the only time that works is when she can't make it.

I'm trying, dammit, why is she making it so hard?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home