Friday, March 19, 2010

Solo Symphony

About a year ago I bought my season tickets for the symphony. Bill thought it was a great idea and bought a pair for himself as well. The plan was: we take dates and double. And, if we can't find dates/we don't look, then we exchange one pair, and go together.

This has worked out pretty well.

Until today.

I currently have two tickets, and Bill is seeing a girl, which means: I have been desperately trying to find a date for tonight. At this point, one of my friends may come, but only if the book signing she's at ends early enough. Otherwise I'm going stag.

Normally, I don't mind going to things by myself. The problem here is mostly Bill's girlfriend. She has managed to come across snotty in the few times we've interacted, and, frankly, I don't want to feel like I have to spend an evening with her (our seats are together). I spent yesterday and today trying to find someone to take as a date, and (after hitting epic rock bottom) finally called some girl friends to ask if they might be interested. If I end up going by myself, I'm showing up 5 minutes til and sitting in not my assigned seat. When Bill asks I'll just have to come up with some creative reason why I didn't sit with them.

This is, tragically, and frustratingly, moderately pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home