Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Granted

There are certain things we take for granted. Things we learn in our youth, and assume everyone else did too.

How to tie your shoes...

How to brush your teeth...

How to button your shirt...

How to pee in the woods...

Ok, well, I assumed everyone learned that last one. Apparently not.

For my birthday a bunch of my friends and I went backpacking to this really great cabin. As we hit the trail head Teach revealed she had a problem—she had to pee. Her husband and the other three guys with us were no help. It came down to me. The teacher had become the student, and I got to be the one to teach a grown woman how to pee in the woods.

Thankfully, she's a bright woman, because the instruction was entirely verbal. There was no way on this green earth I was going to demonstrate proper peeing in the woods technique. She was worried about the whole thing, but managed to take care of things without requiring a change of attire. I was quite proud.

Also, I shall make sure that my girls learn that early on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home