Sunday, March 14, 2010

Moving Out Moving On

It's hard to describe, but things have been a bit rocky at home lately. I don't know what's going on, but it's been hard to deal with.

The other day Bill and I were talking and I asked him if he wanted me to move out. He said, no, of course not; and asked why I asked. I replied that he seemed to be indicating that he wanted me to move—things like complaining about things which haven't been an issue before, and mentioning (multiple times) that a friend of a friend is looking for a place to rent, and he could probably rent my room for $400-500 more than I'm currently paying.

We talked about this.

And, in the end, he said he wanted to raise my rent, and have me sign a lease. To which I had to tell him that the appeal of my current living situation is the rent plus lack of lease. And, if he took away my incentives, I would have to move out.

Thus, I am moving out at the end of April.

I have no idea what I'm going to do, or where I'm going to live, but I have to stand my ground.

As much as I feel like a jerk for saying it, I don't think he's going to get as much as he wants for my room. If he does, I'll be thrilled for him that I was wrong. If he doesn't, I'll feel bad for him, but he did force my hand on this one. Sometimes people forget that what you have is had, and what you see might not be obtainable.

The really sad thing about all of this is that I feel we're slowly losing our friendship, and when I move out, I don't think we're going to see each other as much as he thinks we will. I hate to lose him, but I don't know how to keep him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home