Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Broomball

For one of my friends' birthday we went and played broomball. Now, if you're like me, you've never heard of this sport. Allow me to expound: Soccer. Hockey. Ice. Tennis shoes.

It was a blast! And, by the end of the game I was confident enough to run on the ice. And, promptly lost the battle with friction. When I slipped it was onto my back, and I went down hard. The smack of my helmet was loud and echoed throughout the entire arena. It took me a couple of seconds, but I was back up and playing straight away.

And then, the headache. It felt like combination pre-migraine and sinus headache.

A visit to my doctor Monday afternoon confirmed what I was afraid of: I have a concussion. Usually I can just shake off injuries, but this is ridiculous. I have a headache, I'm dizzy, I can hardly focus for more than an hour on any one task, and I feel totally off my game. At one point this afternoon I stood up to talk to my dev manager about something and got so dizzy that I had to sit down and rest my head for a minute.

Oh, and I'm grounded from: broomball, running, biking, or anything that is going to jar my head or requires a lot of balance. Turns out that running stairs this morning was a bad idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home