Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Keys

I finished moving out of Bill's house tonight.

I went over after work and picked up the last of my food from the pantry and cleaned my old room. He got home just as I was finishing up, and helped me carry some stuff to my car. Then Chick showed up. Before she came in the house he gave me a hug good night, since he wouldn't be allowed to once she was around. Then we went out to the garage to look at something he thought was mine. We ended up chatting for a bit before heading back into the house so I could get the last of my stuff and he could hang out with Chick. He gave me another good night hug, and I headed upstairs as he headed to his room.

Upstairs I packed up the last box as he came up to make a protein shake. We chatted for a bit, then I said, "keys," as I grabbed my key ring.

"Why don't you go ahead and hang on to that," he said. I'm not sure he knows how much that means to me. I'm not sure I know how much that means to me. What I do know is this: I got a little choked up when he said that. Then, I took off the key to my bedroom to return, as well as the spare key to my house. I gave him both.

I'm not sure he values that key as much as I value his, but, I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home