Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Drinks

I found out via twitter that my old boss (from my very first grown-up job!) was starting a new job at Microsoft. He's based out of their Utah office, but had to come up here for new employee orientation. We decided to get together to just say 'hi' and catch up a little.

We ended up at a bar. Why? 10 pm Sunday night is the only time we could get together, that's why.

The silliness of two Mormons having non-alcoholic drinks at a bar on Sunday night was not lost on us.

Running into a coworker unexpectedly, however, was, well, weird. I should mention that the boss is married, and was wearing his wedding ring. So, what my coworker saw was, me having drinks with a not unattractive married man in a dimly lighted bar on a Sunday night. I introduced them and explained that the boss was starting a new job and was just out here for orientation. I hope he doesn't think something is up.

Oh, and, it was really great to see him. I really like him, and I'm glad he's doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home