Sunday, August 08, 2010

Commune

There's something about the woods that calls to me. When things just aren't right with my soul the proven solution can be found in the forest. So, when things, once again, were getting overwhelming, and I needed to realign I headed for the hills—literally.

My evil plan was to head to Horseshoe Basin in the Northern Cascades. I learned a bit too late that I had taken the long-cut, and ended up at a car camp ground in a place called Long Swamp. It was a few miles from the trail head I was headed to, but I was tired and really just needed the mountain air more than I needed to go backpacking. I pulled in, set up my tent, lighted a fire, cooked my delectable vegan hobo dinner, and treated myself to ash biscuits with jam (the jam part was the treat).

I went to bed before the sun, and woke up after it. Refreshed and feeling whole. I toyed with the idea of actually going for a hike, but in the end, I just packed up and headed home.

I've decided I really need to get out more, there is little words can do to capture the void I feel without them at my center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home