Sunday, August 08, 2010

Tent

REI had a killer sale.

I had a ridiculous dividend.

And, I needed a tent.

I walked away with The North Face Mountain 25 for about $100 out of pocket. I considered it a giant win, and took it out on its maiden voyage last night.

I fell in love with five things about this tent (pretty much all last night):
1. It's warm. Ok, ok, it's a mountaineering tent, of course it's warm. But, it's still nice to know.
2. (Properly ventilated) it doesn't gather condensation on the inside. Makes for a dry morning.
3. The zipper pulls glow in the dark! This means no fumbling for the zippers when trying to climb out of the tent for a mid-night tree run.
4. The guylines are reflective. With my headlamp, my tent just called to me in the dark. It was unexpectedly really cool.
5. The poles are color coded to match their sleeves. It's nearly idiot-proof!

It's a great little (actually, for two people, it's quite roomy) tent. And, with that price tag, it oughtta be!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home