Friday, March 18, 2005

Yes, I'm Checking YOU Out

It's currently 6:30 on a Friday night, and instead of being out on a hot date, I'm sitting in the programming lab, hoping that the evil spirits that inhabit my computer are out on hot dates. However, I just got back to the lab after running home for a bite to eat. As I was walking back to campus I chatted on the phone with my mom briefly, then hung up and put the phone away. Finishing up that rather rote and bland task I looked up to see that the only other person around was walking towards me. Additionally, he was hot. Not warm: hot. Undeniably-take-your-breath-away-so-far-out-of-any-league-I-could-ever- hope-to-be-in hot. If my morals we a little lower I would have jumped him right there and dragged him into the bushes for some serious making-out. He was also looking right at me, smiling. I smiled back, and he asked me how I was doing, I replied that I was doing well, and inquired as to his health. He replied that he was doing well, as well; and we each continued on to our destinations (mine: obviously campus, his: most likely home to get ready for some hot date).

I smiled to myself as I trugged up the hill from the tennis courts, wondering why on earth he had that 'I'm checking you out' look on his face. Mentally, I did a checklist of the stunning attire I am wearing today. Allow me to fill you in (toe to head):

*Flip-flops
*Jeans that are way too long, when I walk the hem extends past my toes. (I have trouble finding anything that is short enough)
*A t-shirt. Not just any t-shirt, though. My Boston concert tee from their 1987 U.S. Tour. It'd be a collectible if it weren't so thrashed and threadbare.
*An oversized flannel shirt. Brown and black plaid, actually. No, it doesn't remotely match the red/yellow/blue of the Boston tee.
*And, lastly, a black canvas bag, worn across the chest, right shoulder to left hip in true granola fashion.

Sexy, no?
It couldn't possibly be my sex-kitten steaminess.

The answer eluded me, until I reached the glass doors of the vestibule leading into the building in which the computer labs are housed: the strap of my canvas bag was sitting in exactly the right place to accentuate some of my finer features. So, while I like to believe that the men on this campus are a little less shallow than men in the rest of society, it is still nice to know that a good pair is good for something. Unless, of course, he just likes a girl who lacks fashion sense. In which case, he's better off looking elsewhere. I know I clash, I did it consciously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home