Thursday, March 10, 2005

When in Doubt: Blame Your Girlfriend

On my way to campus today a friend of mine saw me walking and offered me a ride. I opened the car door to get in and he asked where I was headed. I told him, then got in the car and closed the door. As we pulled away from the curb I heard an interesting sound -- the radio. Not normally a feature of note, I thought it extremely funny that my Deaf friend would be listening to the radio. I started to laugh, and pointed it out. "Oh?" He asked, "It's on?" "Yeah. Why?" "It must be my girl-friend's." Ahh... Yeah, turns out his girlfriend isn't deaf. We drove on, signing to each other while I laughed to myself.

By the way, if you ever have the opportunity to ride in a car with someone going fairly high speeds whilst carrying on a conversation in sign language feel free to skip it. Or, maybe he's just a scary driver. Who knows, really?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home