Saturday, March 05, 2005

Learn by Listening

Sometimes I don't realize what I think or feel about a certain topic until I open my mouth and start speaking. I find it happens more frequently than maybe it should. I find I learn a lot about myself by listening to what I'm saying on the subject. I guess it's because once I have to put something into words I have to solidify the thought or feeling in order to fully communicate what I want to say.

Tonight I came home from a church activity and said to roommate, who had been at the same event, "Did you see my Secret Boyfriend's new piercing?" "Yes, I did." "Is it totally bad, do you think," I tentatively inquired "that I really like it?" No comment one way or the other. I think she meant to say: "Yes." Instead she asked, "When did he become your Secret Boyfriend?" Oh. Did I call him that? I mentally rewound the conversation, sure enough, I had. "I guess Monday, when I first saw his new piercing. I really like it." So there we have it. I guess DrummerBoy is my new Secret Boyfriend. He's so cute. And the pierced eyebrow is totally hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home