Monday, February 21, 2005

I'm a Culinary Genius

Monday I decided to be adventurous and make stuffed Artichoke for dinner. I found the recipe on the Web, and have absolutely no clue where it came from. However, being a lover of all things artichoke, and capable of making only one dish, I thought it might be expedient that I experiment. Thus, I did. And, let me just say: I'm a culinary genius! I ought to be able to find a husband just for that, if no other reason!

Ok, so here's the recipe, since we all know you're dying to try it:

6 Artichokes
8 oz bread crumbs
10 oz grated Romano cheese
1 bunch Italian parsley -- chopped
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1T olive oil

In a large bowl combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Cut tops, stems (so artichoke will stand by itself) and leaf tips off of artichokes. Remember to remove enough of the outside leaves.
Stuff artichokes.

Place stuffed artichoke in a crock-pot (or slow-cooker, which ever makes you happiest), and pour water in the pot so it's about 3/4" from the bottom. Drizzle olive oil over the top.

Cook for 3-4 hours on high, or 6 hours low.

Gingerly remove from crock-pot and place on to the side of the plate.

To finish off the presentation, I recommend a small serving of a light chicken pasta. If I may be so bold as to also suggest a certain pasta creation:

Create a light marinade of lemon juice (diluted with water), basil, and parsley.
Place (thawed) chicken in bowl, pour marinade over the top, cover and refrigerate. This should be done for a minimum of 3 hours (so, prepare this mixture before the artichokes), and probably no more than 8 hours.
Remove chicken from marinade, and grill (dice and sautéing is also an option), spray or brushing with the marinade as it cooks. Remove from grill, and dice.
While chicken is grilling, prepare angel hair pasta in the generally accepted fashion.
Toss pasta with extra virgin olive oil, basil, parsley and chicken.

Yeah, the pasta is my own creation, so the measurements are not exact. I just do what looks/tastes good! Good luck!

Oh, and never you fear -- this isn't going to turn into Granola Girl's Cookery Corner! Just when the mood strikes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home