Monday, March 07, 2005

I Don't Wanna Be a Grown-up!

I've decided that my biggest problem with choosing between SuperStores and BigNameCompany is simple: I don't want to be a grown-up and make grown-up decisions. Basically, I'm scared out of my shorts, and don't know how to deal with it. All my life I've made choices by default.


When it came time to apply to universities I applied to two. The first one because my mother made me, even though I had no intentions of ever going there. (I think she just wanted to make sure I had options. Ironically enough.) The second I only applied to because someone encouraged me, and it was a good school. After I got my acceptance letter I didn't apply to any other university, despite being heavily recruited by a university that would have given me a full-ride. Stupid. Stupid. However, I didn't have to make a choice. It was done for me. Well, that's not true. I made the easiest choice possible.

It's the same with the SuperStores vs. BigNameCompany debate. Once I was offered the job with SuperStores I pretty much quit even thinking about where else to apply. I applied to Micro$oft purely by accident. My resume was on the campus recruiting Web site, they saw it, and asked me in for an interview. I applied to BigNameCompany because my friend did all the work for me. Now, I have to choose. Can you tell this is consuming my life right now? Yeah, I didn't think so, either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home