Friday, March 11, 2005

Day 1 In The Deep South

I come to you from the Deep South today. It has been quite a unique experience for me, thus far. I flew into SomeBigCity, and drove two hours to TheMiddleOfNoWhere. This trip really had only two ways it could work out, as far as personally: (1) I could totally hate it, and be all alone the whole weekend; or (2) It could be cool.

I decided to try option 2. So, I looked up the local student institute on the Church's Web site and emailed the director. He put me in touch with the Institute President, who found me a place to stay with some girls in the branch. When I got into TheMiddleOfNoWhere I called up my hostess, she gave me directions to her house, and then there I was. I spent the whole day hanging out with her and her fiancé, as well as a roommate and her fiancé, and practically the whole branch! We went and watched The Work and The Glory. It wasn't bad, basically, a cute love story.

Tomorrow, apparently, is the branch Variety/Talent Show, and a Skeet Shoot. I've been invited to both. So, who knows what I'm going to do. Alack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home