Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Shave and a Hair Cut

GoateeBoy is going as a Confederate Soldier for Halloween, so he's growing in his mustache -- it looked so weird the first day. He's also growing in his sideburns and pretty much the rest of his beard. It will be a relief on Tuesday when he comes in with it all shaved off back the way he usually wears it.

MyBoss got a hair cut. Which is worth mentioning because his hair has been historically longer than the top of his collar in the back, and long enough to tuck behind his ears. Now, it's the short spiky bed-head look that is ever so popular. I'd be lying if I said it didn't look a ton better. Too bad that means he's even more attractive than usual. When we were teasing him about it he said that he told the development team that if we actually shipped on time everyone on our team would cut their hair really short. And, he informed us, that included me.

And, finally, last night when we were working late we were talking about how RayOfSunshine used to have a goatee and how different it looked. MyBoss announced that the new team dress code is, "We're all growing goatees. And, that includes you, Granola!" I objected, and was (thankfully) backed up on that one!

The more I think about it the more I am convinced that they have never had a girl on their team before, and the novelty is not going to wear off anytime soon. They often forget that I am a girl, but when they are reminded for whatever reason, they think it's funny to picture me doing things that are drastically "out there." I don't mind, I'm just glad that they generally forget my gender. I far prefer being 'one of the guys,' as it were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home