Wednesday, November 16, 2005

To Do

This whole being unemployed crap sucks. Yesterday I spent the day running around and catching up on errands that needed to be accomplished. I felt I got so much done, but then this afternoon as I was rewriting my to-do list to make it more concise it seemed to me that it is just as long. Frankly, on some things I don't know where to begin. On others, I don't want to. Some things are requiring follow up, and other things have to wait for other items on my list. Those excuses plus the other things I find that I must do which never make it to my list mean that I don't have a whole lot of time for sitting on my butt. Funny, I always wondered what housewives did all day. Now, I think I may know.

There are, however, things that I am not going to do. Dishes, for example. When PuppyDogsAndBows picked me up from the airport she told me that, "By the way, we have been doing dishes since you've been gone. We haven't been waiting for you to get home to do them."

I reassured her that I was sure that was the case. In all likelihood they ran out of dishes and had to wash a load or two out of desperation.

"Ok. Just so you know, there are some in the sink, now. But, we'll do them."

Apparently by "some" she meant, "every dish in the house". She washed one load of dishes Monday night, but no one has finished them since then. I think tonight I shall do the dishes. Part of the problem is, I have to do them when other people are home, otherwise no one will feel bad, and they'll all assume that one of the other two girls washed them. Tragically for all, I want everyone to feel terrible that the poor unemployed girl has to clean up after them because they're all too lazy to do it themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home