Monday, June 12, 2006

Pseudo-Drama Queen

I'm dramatic. One might even call me a 'Drama Queen.' I, however, would disagree. Why would I not call myself a Drama Queen? Well, let's look at the definition thereof:
Main Entry: drama queen
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: any person who overreacts to a minor problem or situation (dictionary.com)

Ok... overreacts... do I overreact? Well, yes. But only on the positive side of things. I seldom think the sky is falling and the world is coming to a close.

So, let's turn to Urban Dictionary and see what they have to say:
<flip. flip. flip./>
Someone who turns something unimportant into a major deal. Someone who blows things way out of proportion when ever [sic] the chance is given.

Ah, that's more like it. Someone who overreacts and blows things way out of proportion whenever the chance is given. If you happen to glance through Urban Dictionary you will notice the negative vibe their definitions give off.

So... back to me: Yes. I'm dramatic. I like being the center of attention. I'm good at it. I also like to be over-the-top in funny reactions, for the humor side of things. However (and, I think this is a biggie) I know what I'm doing and can control my reactions. Also, I hate people who overreact to the negative side of things. So There.

Ok, now you're asking yourself what this all has to do with the price of tea in China. Well, let me tell you.

We have this mailing list at work (which is super cool, actually) and last week someone posted wondering if anyone had the entire season 2 of Lost recorded to DVD. I didn't, but I happen to be a huge fan of the show (no T.V. ergo, I haven't seen a single episode this season). I replied to her and indicated that I don't have a copy, but if she happened to get a hold of it I'd be more than interested in borrowing or buying it from her. She replied Friday and asked me if I was still interested. I told her yes and how excited I was to see it! She told me that she should be finished with it by today, and if that were the case she'd inter-office mail it to me. I looked her up and discovered that we're in the same building, and was so excited that I almost suggested that I just run up to her office and get it from her, but I didn't want to appear too desperate, so I simply said "Ok." Well, she noticed that we're in the same building and so made that suggestion. I replied by telling her how glad I was she suggested it!

Today I sent her an email asking if she had finished it. Then, I left for lunch (ah, the joys of the break room). Well, she tried emailing and calling me to see if I was in. I wasn't, so she headed down to leave the discs on my desk. She came in the wrong door (which always happens) and found me in the break room. She gave me the disks and said (now, this is the important part) "There's someone else who wants to borrow them after you, but you seemed way more excited than he did, so I put you in the front of the line." I thanked her profusely. See, sometimes it Does pay to be a little dramatic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home