Sunday, June 04, 2006

Wedding

I attended a wedding reception for a girl at church last night. Despite the fact that her new family has a big gorgeous house the chose to have it at the chapel. In the cultural hall. Why do people do that to themselves when other options are present? Also, they splurged on other things (she had two photographers, for heaven sake!), perhaps they could have tightened the belt and opted for some place else.

She did try to hide the fact that it was the gym, but there is only so much one can do. Worse even, was it was one of those wedding receptions they show in movies when they are trying to instill a feeling of pity for those involved. The toasts were halting, jerky, and completely ineloquent. I sat there thinking that perhaps I should get up and say something, just so they didn't remember the horrible toasts given. Her father's wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything to write home about. The bouquet and garter toss were horrible events of boredom and cat herding. And, no one was paying attention to the cutting of the cake.

If I ever get married I hope, hope, hope, that I am able to have my reception somewhere other than the cultural hall. Oh, and that it doesn't suck as much. Poor girl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home