Monday, May 22, 2006

Lunch Interviews

I had another lunch interview with a candidate today.

When we got our food I looked at his plate, on the right he had steamed veggies, the left was a mound of delicious looking mashed potatoes, and right in the middle he had this grilled trout. Even the trout looked good.

As he picked up his knife and fork to eat I couldn't help but notice the way he seemed to tear apart the super moist looking fish. It was kind of gross. Nothing, however, could top the moment when he used the knife he was holding in his right hand to shovel his mashed potatoes into his mouth, while the fork in his left went unused. Fortunately, he happened to glance down at his plate, because I think my jaw hit the table when I saw him do it. Worse still, was he did it multiple times! If this was for a position that would require eating with clients he would have lost the job right there. As it was, I had a hard time focusing as he talked with his mouth full, and chewed (no shock here) mouth open.

As soon as I dropped him off for his next interview I called up Mumsy and thanked her, profusely, for teaching me how to eat. I know 3 year olds with better table manners! Oh. My. Gosh!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home