Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What, Are You 16?

I went to a meeting with ProjectManager, ActingManager, and the other guy for whom I need to come up with a good blog name.

When I walked in ActingManager wasn't there yet, so I jokingly asked, "How's the party?"

"What party?" asked ProjectManager.

"The one you're having in here, right now."

"There's no party. You can't have a party with out beer."

"Sure you can."

"No, you can't. Can you?" His question was directed towards the other guy in the room. "You can't have a party with out beer, huh?"

"I guess." Came the reply. The irony was, the guy he was asking isn't a big drinker.

"You don't need to have beer to have a party. In the last seven years I have been to one party where there was alcohol." I said, appealing to personal experience.

"What, are you 16?" was the snarky retort.

"No, I'm 18. We still can't drink, yet." I replied, hoping to one-up him.

"Oh, well there you have it." He conceded.

Incidentally, he still hasn't scheduled our lunch date. He's in for quite the shock when he learns I don't drink coffee or alcohol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home