Sunday, July 23, 2006

Friend Stuff

Nanny asked the boy she likes to go on a date with her on Saturday. He said yes. She's ecstatic! I'm thrilled! At least, now, he'll know he likes her, thus placing me, squarely, off limits, so that little pain is alleviated for now. Whew!

In other news, Nanny and I had decided to go to this fireside after church. It was supposed to start at 5, and since our ward gets out at 4 we decided to return to my place where we could get some food before heading over there. As it happens, there is this girl in the ward who we both think is a total sweetheart. She's so cute, but she's also shy and quiet. Long ago we determined that she doesn't have much of a self-esteem, which is sad, because she's such a dear. Anyway, while we were discussing our plans in the foyer of the church she was there and I really wanted to invite her to come over, but there is this other girl who is a little on the annoying side who was also standing around. The second girl probably would have invited herself over without really realizing what she was doing. So, we didn't ask Sweetheart to come.

As we drove to my place Nanny told me all about how she asked the boy out, then I commented that I wanted to invite Sweetheart to join us, but didn't. Nanny agreed that we should invite her to do more things with us. Incidentally, we invited her to come bowling with us last Thursday, and I was thrilled when she showed up! I think she had a great time, which is wonderful!

Dinner was quick (sauteed veggies), then out to the car we went and over to the Stake Center. Which was completely empty. It was a sad sight, actually. We quickly made a few phone calls to see if people knew where it was supposed to be, and when we finally got an answer we were told it was where we were. We opted to leave. As we were pulling out we saw Sweetheart pulling in, so we turned around to talk to her. We sat in our cars briefly talking, when I announced that we weren't going to the fireside, and so that meant we were going back to someone's house. Nanny vetoed mine, since I still don't have a couch, and offered hers up. Sweetheart accepted our invite, and followed us there.

We then sat around for almost 4 hours just talking and laughing and getting to know each other better. When she first got there Sweetheart told us, "This is so exciting! I've never had friends before! So, if I act a little awkward, that's why." I couldn't believe it! She's such an amazing girl! It was so cute, but tragic at the same time. I'm glad we invited her.

The really neat thing is, I'm thrilled that we now have a threesome. Hopefully we can help her develop the self-confidence she is lacking, and help her see that she is truly a beautiful woman. I hope I can learn the valuable lessons she has to teach me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home