Thursday, October 12, 2006

A Death in the Family

Willie, my car, decided to develop a smoking problem.

Saturday I was on my way down to Sweethearts's place to hang out when the engine started smoking, just a little, but enough to be worrisome. I pulled into a gas station and filled him up with gas, and checked his vitals — the coolant reservoir was completely empty. I filled that up with water and went on my merry little way.

Sunday as I was driving to Nanny's house he started smoking again, only worse this time. I made it home later just fine, but I was more than concerned.

Monday I was driving around the island and had driven maybe a total of 4 miles when the oil light went on, the check gauges light went on, and smoke started pouring out of the radiator. I checked the coolant again and it was still pretty full. I didn't dare drive him anywhere. Fortunately, I had a friend pick me up and all was well. Now, however, I'm afraid I am without car.

I think it may be time I bought a new one, too bad, I was looking forward to buying other things with on that list o' funness that I posted last night.

Tragic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home