Thursday, June 21, 2007

Personal Space

InternBill and I have taken to violating each other's personal space a bit too frequently. It's kind of fun. Tragically he has a sort of girlfriend who isn't.

Two weeks ago I invited him to the lunch concerts Musician runs, and he enthusiastically joined me. We sat on the benches listening to music and comfortably violating each other's personal space.

Since then we've continued chatting at work and innocent flirtations.

Today he asked me if I was going to the lunch concert and when I replied in the affirmative he told me he'd meet me at my desk.

Over to the concert we headed.

While there we once again resumed the violations of personal space. It's hard to explain, but it's so natural and so comfortable, not that I'm looking for a relationship with him (the boy is 6 years my junior for Pete's sake!), but it's comfy.

Anyway, this is time number two that Musician has seen me with this (admittedly very) hot younger guy. At one point I was whispering in InternBill's ear when I glanced up and noticed Musician looking at us. Even worse: we made eye contact. I really, really, really hope that he doesn't think this whatever-he-thinks-it-is is for his sake, or a reaction to his engagement. It certainly isn't. So, why do I care?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home