Thursday, June 28, 2007

Uncomfortable Insight

"So, is this going to be a hard two weeks for you? With Musician getting married and all?" The question came out of left field, but wasn't overly unexpected.

"Nah," I replied, 'hard' doesn't begin to cover it. That's not true. I think I got most of it out of my system when they announced their engagement. "You can't dwell on something that never had a chance to happen." I said, instead.

I shifted the conversation expertly and quickly to discussing my plans for their wedding present, and that I'm helping them move Nurse on Saturday. Surprised, she replied, "Way to be the bigger person, I am proud of you. You are an awesome person," she continued, "and I like seeing it more and more." Little does she know I'm plotting Nurse's slow demise. Ok, not really.

"Heh." I rejoined, noncommittally, "The first time I met her I knew I would like her, if I could get over the fact that she was Musician's ex-girlfriend, and still had feelings for him. Then things changed. And now she's his wife."

"She's cool. I like her too. Isn't life interesting? You hate it sometimes, but at the same time it is beautiful," she finished.

You have no idea, my friend, no idea. I wonder if, perhaps, helping them move and putting so much effort into their wedding present isn't my way of coping. Or, at the very least, forcing myself to face the inevitable.

Survey says? Oh yeah. Totally.

Nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home