Sunday, June 24, 2007

Conference

I spent essentially the entire weekend at a Young Single Adult conference. It rocked!

Friday night was a concert.

Saturday had us doing service (I had to miss out on that), then a key note address followed by 3-45 minute classes (they had a long list from which we could cose), then a dinner break, followed by another concert and then a dance.

Sunday brought us church and a fireside.

It was awesome!!

The three classes I went to were:

1. The Tabernacle and Solomon's Temple
Super cool. The brother teaching the class had a very small, to scale, mock up of the Tabernacle as well as a full-sized replication(?) of the robes the High Priest would have worn on the day he was to enter into the Holy of Holies. It was really neat.

2. Righteous Women—Striving for Righteousness
The speaker asked us to name a righteous person that we know. I immediately thought of my Aunt and Uncle that I went to visit in Jerusalem. When she asked me I mentioned just my uncle. She went on to say that in her informal survey, most people tend to mention males. Hmm...

3. Health and Fitness
I ended up here. Nothing particularly new: eat less and exercise more. Woo.

The concerts were both really good, as were the key note and fireside.

The speakers at the fireside were Brother and Sister Pingree.
Sister Pingree spoke on being tenacious and flourishing even in difficult places. She gave an example of a plant she observed over the course of a summer. It had sprouted in the cracks of a sidewalk, and by the end of the summer had blossomed into a sunflower.

Her husband, Brother Pingee, spoke on delighting in everything! He was very animated and kept the audience in stitches as he talked about the things he delighted in. He's an entertaining speaker.

All in all, a great weekend, full of fun and the Spirit. I'm glad I was able to attend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home