Sunday, July 29, 2007

Singles BBQ?

The Church has set up separate wards for young single adults. In our area they limit that to the ages 21-30. Which means, all of the single people 31-dead go to regular wards, or, what we call "family wards." This is all well and good, unless your the 31 year old who is now hanging out with single people twice your age. Dating prospects are seriously limited. Thus, a girl friend of mine who is rapidly approaching the 31 year mark has created a group for singles 27-40. This gets people mixing from both sides of the line, while keeping the dating range, well, acceptable. By the time someone is 40 and single they'll be hanging out with the single 31 year olds. See the logic? Yeah, I think it's a great idea too. Because I fit quite nicely in the young side of this group I have decided to join, and (occasionally) go to some of the activities.

Last night it was a BBQ. I went and had a grand old time. I decided that I really do hate stupid people. They irk me to no end. Blargh! Funny, though, the best conversation I had was with the 23 year old kid who is visiting his aunt from somewhere in The South.

At this rate, I'm going to end up dating a mere child.

Hmm... InternBill is young...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home