Sunday, July 15, 2007

Good Guess

Last night a bunch of us were getting together, so I sent a text to a buddy of mine. He called me back a few hours later to ask about the event. I told him and he said he probably wouldn't go. We chatted about what we had each done that day, etc. I mentioned that I was hanging butcher paper, because the next morning someone (InternBill, to be precise) was coming over to take photos of my paintings for my portfolio. He asked if I needed help hanging the paper. My first inclination was to tell him 'thanks, but I got it.' But then my brain got in the way of my ego and quickly concluded that if he was too tired to come hang out with a bunch of us, but offered to come to the same area to help me hang paper he probably wanted to see me, even if just for a little bit. I allowed my brain to win. "Uh, sure. I could use help." I told him.

15 minutes later he was here offering help. We spent about an hour working on it, and chit-chatting a bit, before he headed home, and I headed over to my buddy's house.

When I got there they asked what I had been doing and I apologized for being late and said, "Someone came over to help me out with something." Vague, but not overly dodging sharing.

Sine* immediately guessed who it was, which is odd, since he hardly hangs out with us at all. I asked him how he so accurately guessed. He had no good explanation, but told me that I should ask him out before the summer is over and he heads back to school (oh, yeah... an intern!). I laughed, "He's, like, 21! I can't date him. He's the lower bound of my 1/2 + 7!**"

"So, he's your lower bound. That means he's still in the range," he insisted.

Throughout the evening he made that suggestion more than once. I wonder if he knows something I don't. Or, if he thinks I'm interested and just encouraging me. I asked him as he left if he knew something I didn't. He didn't reply. Herm...



* Um... the next post will explain this name, I'm just really sick of not having a blogname for him.

** The next-next post will clear this right up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home