Saturday, July 07, 2007

Slang in the Workplace

Not much to say today. As each day goes by I get increasingly bitter about my job. I also get increasingly bored and look for more interesting ways to make my job suck less. Thus, I have embarked on a one woman mission to introduce my personal slang to the lovely multi-national individuals in my office. My favorite one? "Horked." It was so rewarding to observe it used in the wild. One of my Indian coworkers was complaining about something someone else had done. In frustration he exclaimed, "Their system is completely horked!" I was so proud.

Speaking of 'horked,' and bitterness, today I was testing a feature that was supposed to have been completed last Monday. It's still not finished. In my (mandated daily) report today I wrote, "Tragically, the biggest benefits of [this project] are totally horked." I can't wait to hear back about this on Monday. It's going to be a long day. And, there is going to be lots of questioning as to why I didn't find it until 2/3 of the way through testing. Too bad for them, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home