Thursday, July 05, 2007

4th of July

Once again we headed to Gas Works Park for the 4th of July celebration. Seattle is ranked in the top 5 for fireworks displays on the 4th. I can't argue that.

The celebration starts around 10 (shortly after dark) when the National Anthem is sung, and at the conclusion a military helicopter with a giant American flag suspended from it flies over the crowd as the song America the Beautiful is played (at least, that was the choice this year). As soon as the helicopter is out passed, and the song ended, the fireworks display starts. It happens to be synchronized with a variety of songs, and it is quite an impressive feat to see that take place.



For my thoughts from last year, see this entry. They still hold.

In addition, this year I got a lovely contact high from the people around me who felt the need to smoke weed. I woke up this morning with a small hangover (thankfully I managed to stay hydrated enough that the hangover wasn't too bad). Tragically, it hung around until noon. At 4 I got super tired again. And now, at the measly, pathetically early hour of 10:40 I'm packing up and headed to bed. I'm a wreck. I hope I wake up feeling much better tomorrow!

Good night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home