Saturday, August 25, 2007

Nothing For Me Here

It's entirely possible to feel alone in a room full of people. There's a reason why that's a cliché.

It's also entirely possible to have zero dating prospects in a group of 40 single adults in your age range, with the same core religious values.

Still possible, though diminishing in likelihood, to have no one in the aforementioned group who stimulates you intellectually.

I have found myself in this very predicament. Well, not 'no one'. I find Sine to be intellectually simulating—on a limited subset of topics (mostly computers and cars). As time has passed I have found myself growing increasingly frustrated at the lack of deep stimulating conversation I've found in my ward, and contemplated going to a new ward in search of that. It's ironic, really, most people leave the ward because it's small and the dating prospects are next to nil (see point 2 above), I, on the other hand, and contemplating leaving because I can't find someone to stoke the fire in my gray matter.

And yet, I stay. I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home