Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Got Once Again

This year's April Fools had me telling Mumsy that InternBill showed up here in Seattle and, well, here's a rough transcript:

Me: So, uh, interesting problem
Mumsy: What?
Me: InternBill showed up at work this morning (despite the fact that he's supposed to be at school half way across the country), confessed his undying love and blah blah blah
Mumsy: (she asked a far too revealing and personal question to post on the interwebs. Suffice it to say, the answer wasn't the one she wanted to hear).
Me: Far more importantly: homeslice is 22!!!
Mumsy: LOL!! 2 strikes
Me: But, he's really cute!
Mumsy: cute is nice. ball 1
Me: and wicked smart and FUNNY
Mumsy: ball 2 and 3
Me: and... he makes me tingly inside (I started to feel a little bad here.)
Mumsy: hummmm. walk? on by?
Me: We're gonna try it for a little bit. See what happens.
Mumsy: (lots of cautioning about robbing the cradle, etc)
Me: I didn't say we're getting married. sheesh.
Mumsy: LOL--well, you know that Mormon culture: dating=marriage :) (So, SO true)
Me: But, there's one problem...it's April 1st!! Bwahahaaaaaaaaa
Mumsy: :P Not nice to fool your mama!

He he!!! Yeah, I'm evil. It's half the basis of my appeal.

Ironically, I told InternBill that Sine asked me to marry him, but I just couldn't do it. He didn't believe me—too obvious, apparently. I told him it was that or confess my undying love for him. He said that one would have been too obvious, as well. Tragic. I'll have to try harder to trick him next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home