Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Options

I talked with my boss today about the offer. I asked him if I am inclined to take the position what would the next steps be. He said, "Well, right now we're exploring all the options, and that's one of them."

Other options he outlined were:
1. Have LaBoca take over as manager of his team, essentially promoting her from lead to manager.
2. Bring back my previous manager (the one who was surprised when it turns out that I'm not incompetent).
3. Continue to explore other options.

Unfortunately, my choice of actions line up with the options like this:
1. Turn in my 2 week's notice, and then take 2 weeks vacation immediately.
2. Start looking for a job immediately, but don't quit until I have something else lined up.
3. Explore other options.

Frustratingly, I've never had my career moves dictated by other people's action. I really am not particularly comfortable with making choices this way, but I don't really see any other options.

Yes, I'm anxious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home