Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Upgrade

When booking the tickets for everyone's flights I intentionally booked myself arriving just about the same time as my parents and little sister. Then I announced that I had every intention of renting a car, so I would drive us all to the city where my sisters live.

Cleverly, I booked an economy banking on the fact that even if they gave me a little Geo Metro we were arriving after midnight, so they'd probably be out and have to upgrade me to at least a Corolla or something. When we finally got they car the clerk asked me if it was just me, or if I had anyone with me. I said, "well, I've got the family," and motioned to my parents and sister.

"Let me see here," she said, trying to be helpful, "we currently have you in a Mustang, but we can upgrade you to a Crown Victoria for only $25 a day."

I laughed, "nah! It's a short drive, they can sit around their luggage!"

We got to the car and I was more than a little pleased to discover that my car was cherry red. YES! I managed to cram the luggage, and my parents into the car and make the short 2 1/2 hour drive to my sister's house.

Let me just share with you that I loved every second of driving that car! It's a really good thing I don't own a sports car, but it made me want one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home