Saturday, September 27, 2008

Later

"How are we going to get there?" 5 of us were standing in an elevator discussing our options for getting to a post-work celebration. There was one 4-seater car between us.

"Fly," came the reply from Bill.

"Oh? With what wings?" I inquired.

"We'll talk about it later," he reassured me in a flirtatious tone.

"Zoinks! I am scandalized!" I exclaimed, hoping no one thought that they were witnessing an intimate moment between lovers (which they all think we are anyway).

We opted to walk.

As we walked we talked about his comment, "Sorry," he apologized, "I didn't mean to put you on the spot, but it was too funny to pass up."

"Sure," I replied dryly, "now everyone thinks we're going to go back to your place and play a rousing game of hide-and-go-screw-me!"

We laughed and, in the end, didn't play the aforementioned game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home