Sunday, January 04, 2009

Putting Words in Your Mouth

Saturday brought with it the day of Bill's Christmas treat. We had talked about it throughout the week as his excitement built. When I gave him his present he invited me to come along, and I promised him post massage dinner.

I had determined that Saturday would be a day of self-care. I got up early and went to the gym. Following a long, and kind of grueling, workout I hit the steam room for a bit. Then off to the grocery store to pick up food for pizza. Then I picked up Bill and off to the spa with us. We had marvelous pedicures and massages. Post-massage we were each sent to shower. Holy Cow! I want one of those showers in my house! It had dual shower heads, and side jets on both sides. Oh, yeah!!!

Back at Bill's house we commenced pizza-izing. The pizza turned out ok—there will be many iterations and improvements. I did, however, impress him with my amazing dough tossing skills! As we baked The Dark Knight played in the background. Eventually, pizza was done and we sat down and tucked in. At that moment what's-her-butt fell and Batman saved her. They lied there, holding each other, desperately, when she breathed, "Thank you!" Mocking her I said, "Oh! Thank you! I love you, even though I'm too stupid to admit it!"

Bill snapped his head in my direction, "what?!" his voice cracked.

"I was making fun of her." I explained, quickly surmising what he thought had just happened.

"Yes, thank you for today," he said.

There was a bit of back and forth as I tried to explain that I as not puttiing words in his mouth, and he thanked me for a delicious dinner.

Well, we all know that I believe he has deeper feelings for me than he'll admit, either to me or to himself. So now I'm wondering if I should have pushed that. Probably, possibly, either way, I didn't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home