Saturday, March 26, 2005

Banned Items and the Unfriendly Skys

When I went to the South a few weeks ago I tossed my manicure set in my bag, not really thinking about it. As I was going through the security check, however, the security monkeys thought about it. In fact, the guy there went through my whole bag looking for the scissors that they had seen in the x-ray machine. Lame. In the end, he pulled out my manicure set which contained the aforementioned scissors, a three inch metal fingernail file, two pairs of tweezers, and fingernail clippers. He opened up the set, took out the scissors, and informed me that they were banned on the airlines, and I could either mail them to myself, or he could dispose of them for me. I let him chuck them. Annoying, yes; but what really gets me is the metal fingernail file that I was allowed to keep. Quite frankly, if I were going to do something not nice on an airplane, I certainly wouldn't use manicure scissors -- what am I going to do? Trim their fingernails? Rather, I might actually be prone to use the fingernail file. That could at least do so damage. Why are people so lame sometimes?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home