Wednesday, March 30, 2005

En-GAGGED to be Marred

My roommate's (almost) fiance called me on my lunch hour today to ask me to get her out of the house tonight so that he can do something romantic and stuff for her (i. e. prepare to propose). They went to her parent's home last weekend, where he asked for her father's permission/blessing. Naturally, he got it. Anyway, so the plan is for me to work it so she's out of the house for about 30 minutes. I think he asked me because she would suspect our other roommate, but (most likely) not me.

I called up our other roommate and told her the deal and the time and asked if she was down with that. We agreed to go for ice cream at Denny's. Nothing fancy, to be sure, but it should take about a half an hour. The plan has been set in motion. The final preparation just needed to be done -- I called up the future Mrs. MyRoommate'sFiance and invited her out. My excuse? I want to celebrate my brand new grown-up job and take them both out for ice cream! Yeah! She's excited. In fact, she told me that she was going to be on campus doing homework until late, but she can be sure to be home by 10pm so we can go out. Funny thing I just remembered -- her boy usually works late on Wednesdays, so she probably thinks he's going to be at work instead of making our house all romantic and crap.

So, this should be a fun night for her. I'll be back in the programming labs as soon as we get her back home; but I'm excited to see the ring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

My name is Mark and i am a limey/pom.

Just thought i would tell you that i think you are neat and i miss you :-(.

Limey Mark.

(sorry this does not have anything to do with your blog)

March 31, 2005 9:13 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home