Monday, March 28, 2005

NewJob

Today was my first day of work at my NewJob at BigNameCompany. Not surprisingly, I can't tell you all much about it, since (a) I don't know all that much about it; and (2) the only part that I really understood in today's whirlwind orientation, etc, was: THIS IS ALL PROPRIETARY STUFF. DO NOT TALK ABOUT IT OUT SIDE OF WORK, OR EVEN IN THE CAFETERIA WHERE PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE SECURITY CLEARANCE ARE ALLOWED!!!!! Erm, yeah.

Work was great! It is so wonderful to have a grown-up job and stuff! They even gave me my own security badge! The best part of all of that stuff was that even though I currently have at least one unattractive zit in the middle of my face (I love stress induced break-outs...) the photo managed to pick up none. That's right kids, zippo, zero, zilch. I think it's totally unfair that all snapshots and general "let's take pictures of granola" turn out like crap, but my id photos (with the exception of my passport, where they somehow squashed my head, so I look all funky) turn out disgustingly well. Yeah, it's a curse.

In other news, my insurance really will pay for my root canal! I'm so excited! It's great. Erm, that they'll pay not for the procedure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home