Saturday, May 07, 2005

Busted!

When I left work last night I left my cell phone charger in the office. I reasoned to myself that I probably wouldn't use it. However, when I glanced at it my phone this morning, my charge was too low to plan on it lasting me all week end. So, I drove to the office to retrieve it. Turns out that they weren't kidding when they told me that my clearance is good from 7am-7pm, and not on the weekends. Sadness.

Ever the resourceful one, I called my friend that works there and asked if I could use his id badge. Not a problem, I just had to go pick it up from his house, and return it when I was finished.

I got to the office, scanned his card and walked in the door. Next came the security check-point. I assumed that I wouldn't need to scan at that point, so I didn't. Well, that set off an alarm, but security reset it. Then, I walked up to my office, grabbed my charger, checked my email and headed out.

In the hallway I ran into two security guards, a man and a woman. They asked to see my badge, so I gave them mine (wisely, I had thought to grab it, too). The woman looked at it and said, "Hmm, that's not the name we had on the screen." "No, you probably came up with this one," I offered, and handed her my friend's badge. Really, at this point there is no use, they knew I had his badge.

They took both of our names down, and "reminded" me that we can't use other people's security badges. They asked me to remind him of that policy, as well. No worries. I took both of our badges and left.

When I got to his house my friend asked, "So, did you get busted?" "Yeah, how'd you know?" "They called me as soon as you swiped it." "Oh."

I figure that my setting off the alarm is what triggered the whole mess. Funny enough, I'm seriously not worried about it, and figure that MyBoss will hear about it on Monday, and then I will, too. If it turns out to be a big deal, I'll feel moderately bad, but until then, meh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home