Friday, May 06, 2005

A Closed Door Means Mischief

I left work for an hour and a half this afternoon to run errands. When I got back OfficeNeighbor had his door closed. A sure sign that he wasn't working. I looked through the window aside his door, and smiling shook my head. He popped open the door and I asked, "Who's on?" "About six people. Jump on in."

So, I went into my office and logged into our Unreal Tournament server. An hour later, I have put in a good showing for myself. In fact, we played a team game that requires you to destroy the enemy's power supplies. I sucked it up for the first two rounds, and in the last one I was determined to be an asset, not a drain on the team. Not only did I put in a decent showing, I destroyed the final power supply, a fact which, apparently, did not go unnoticed by OfficeNeighbor. As he walked by he looked in my window and smilingly nodded acknowledgement of my accomplishments! I know it sounds lame, but I'm glad that the guys really consider me one of the team, I guess I never realized that I was worried that they might not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home