Monday, April 25, 2005

Flamed!

My father, whom I love dearly, is a political retard. The man has no clue about his politics. Don't get me wrong, he's not a stupid individual. He is, however, politically ignorant.

Let me back up.

Mumsy and Dad-doo came to town for my GRADUATION!!!!!!, as well as my mother's brother, MyCrazyUncle, and ExOfNote. I anticipated a few bumps along the way, and they happened. The worst of which can be summed up as follows: MyCrazyUncle and my father were talking about the history of the American-Blacks. Neither are remotely sensitive to their surroundings, and as they were regurgitating political nonsense to each other I sat mortified in the back of the house hoping that my black roommate couldn't hear what they were saying, despite the fact that she was in the next room. A week later, my father is still oblivious to the fact that he was not only wrong, but way out of line. Additionally, not only should he had never said those things, he especially shouldn't have said them in her ear shot. Now, I'm not saying my dad is a racist or anything -- I'm saying he's retarded. Big difference.

Later in the trip my father made a few way out in left(as in baseball)-field comments that were not only blatantly wrong, they were also designed to raise my ire. The thing that pisses me off the most is that he knows he's doing it (it's intentional, people), and then acts (or really is) all surprised when I give him a piece of my mind. I've met Trolls who are more willing to accept the consequences of their actions than my father.

I guess, in general, I wouldn't be so enraged by it if he actually did his own research and instead of spouting mindless propaganda of the political party he ascribes to, or even tries to apply personal brain power to the effort, rather than following the "In either ear, out the mouth" method. Oh! And, on top of that -- if we ever disagree politically (erm, like every time we talk politics) he feels the need to "educate" (which usually consists of yelling his current political philosophy in my general direction) me and gets upset when I tell him in not so many words that he has not idea what the hell he is talking about.

Honestly, I'd rather get in a flame war over mechanical pencil preferences than talk politics with him, at least with that I don't have to spend Thanksgiving with the moron on the other side of the "discussion."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home