Monday, April 11, 2005

Smile!

This afternoon I had to ask my boss a question, so immediately following our team meeting I caught him before he could leave and head back to his office. The following transpired:
"Hey, MyBoss -- "
Smile. "Yeah, Granola, what's up?" Smile.
"Erm --" Ok, it was an odd smile and threw me for a loop, give a girl a break! Smile back. "I was wondering about blah, blah, blah..."
During the course of the whole conversation he kept smiling at me in the same, moderately creepy sort of way. In all honesty, had he been single, and I interested, I would have taken it to be a flirtatious sort of smile (and not creepy on any level). Given, however, that he is married, and I'm not interested (and assume he's not either. If his kids are any indication, his wife is beautiful; and, from the way he talks about her, smart). So, I was thrown a little off guard. In this sort of situation, my inclination is to check first my cleavage to make sure everything is covered appropriately, and then my teeth, to make sure I don't have any spinach in them. However, as he was standing right there smiling at me I just pushed through the conversation, trying to ignore it. As soon as he left, however, I did a quick cleavage check, and I'm happy to report that even though he is a good foot taller than I, he got an eye-full of nothing. My teeth were also good. So, I have no clue. Maybe he was just happy to see that I am still willing to come back after the first two weeks. Who knows. I'm not going to ask.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home