Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Corporate Whore

Last Monday as I was getting ready to run off to my brand-spankin' new grown-up job I looked at my suited-self in the mirror, and smoothing my lapels thought to myself, "Wow. I'm officially a member of the corporate world! I'm a Corporate Whore! Oh no!" Funny, that thought made me smile even bigger, and with more confidence as I marched my way to the bus stop. Then, Tuesday night my roommate and I were hanging out after I got home from work. She looked at my suit, smiled and said, "You Corporate Whore!" She quickly assured me that she didn't think it was true, and had always wanted to say it to someone. I smiled -- I feel exactly the same way. The great part is, I live in a very family oriented community, and BigNameCompany treats us that way. Sure there will be late nights when we have huge deliverables, but that's the way it is with every company. However, the guys on my team have been leaving at 5pm every night, so I'm expecting it will be this way as a general rule. Nice.

So, while I am a grown-up, and a member of Corporate America, I get to be a normal person, too. Yeah for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home