Friday, April 29, 2005

Smokin' in the Girls' Room

As has been addressed before, I work in Corporate America. However, I also work in Utah. We, here, are a completely different world, and most of us like it that way. Few people smoke, and when they do they get to go out side and stand minimum of 10 feet from the door. These types of laws aren't unique to Utah, by any means, nor are they new. We've had 10 or 15 years to adjust to it.

Additionally, and completely related to the topic at hand, as I've mentioned before, there are about 6 or so women who work on the same floor as myself. This, in and of itself, makes me smile, and I've done some math, and if we were all creatures of habit, we could, conceivably each have our own stall in the washroom that no one else ever used. I don't think that's happening, but it could.

Now, armed with those two tid-bits of information I had to laugh when I stepped into my stall and looked at the seat just prior to putting down the crinkly paper cover so thoughtfully provided. There, on the seat, was evidence that the previous occupant couldn't be bothered to take the elevator down six stories to the street level to have a smoke. I shook my head as I wiped away the ashes with some toilet paper -- thanking my lucky stars that I never started that deadly, disgusting, habit.

All this time I was sure smoking in the girls' room stopped after high school. Guess I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home