Wednesday, May 25, 2005

More On Lovelace

After I read this in The Digital Courier last night (and commented on it below) I remained skeptical that, perhaps, I had been duped. This morning I went back to their Web site, just to check. Sure enough, if it is someone's sick idea of a joke, they are continuing it in full force today (I am notably less skeptical today, since it has also been covered by FoxNews, MSNBC, etc.) with this added coverage.

Let's turn, now, to the article to see what he has to say today:
"My Bible teaches me that I am to stand and not be ashamed of the truth of God's word and that this, the Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Jehovah's Witness translation of the Bible, to me, that is not God's word," Lovelace said Tuesday.
...
"We have freedom of assembly inside of our country, we have freedom of religion," said Lovelace. "Muslims can worship Allah, but the thing is: I do not hate Muslims, I do not hate people of other faiths, I merely hate the false doctrine."
Well, Lovelace, I hate your false doctrine, and I'm thisclose to hating you for your blatant bigotry and hypocrisy. The good news is that he's not just hating Muslims and people with a different skin coloring (don't worry, he touches on that later), but pretty much anyone who believes differently than himself. I'm glad to know that I am fully espouse and belong to one of the three major faiths he hates so much. The more things that can distance me from him the happier I am.

The news report goes on to tell us that "
Lovelace is also the commander of the Rutherford Rifles, the recently formed chapter of the Sons of Confederate Veterans." This guy is winning points for himself right and left, isn't he?

Additionally, Lovelace apparently believes "that
southern white Christians should be separated from other peoples and that the Bible demanded such an action." I, honestly, want to know where he found that in the Bible. I've read it a few times and don't recall Christ teaching anywhere that we should be segregated based on race. In fact, Christ did quite the opposite, Himself.

Well, then. I wish I could offer more than outrage to this post, but I'm afraid that and disgust are about the only emotions I have here. It makes me sick to my stomach to think of this man leading a group of people towards their eternal reward. As my roommate commented to me last night, "He's one of those people that I wonder how they are going to justify themselves at the judgement bar." He'll be shocked to discover just how wrong he was. Ironically, despite his status as a "Christian" minister he'll be there, asking to partake in Christ's mercy, just like the rest of us heathens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home